Tips On How To Increase Home Plumbing Efficiency
Becoming more conscious around the home is a great way to save time, energy, and money. And fortunately, there are some simple ways to be more efficient with your plumbing that will help you lower utility bills while making your home and environment healthier. The opportunities for increasing the efficiency of plumbing fixtures, appliances, pipes and drainage systems is wide. You can reduce energy for about every aspect of your current plumbing system and the cost outweighs the investment because to do so will lower water usage and energy costs for the long-term. You will reduce the energy consumption in your home, enjoy a home that is much healthier, and help create a healthier environment in general.
Enjoy The Long-Term Benefits of Efficient Home Plumbing
1) Insulating your pipes is a smart, simple way to prevent significant heat loss in your home. Reclaim the heat from the water which travels between the hot water heater and kitchen or bathroom faucets.
2) Maintaining your hot water heater is a relatively simple way to conserve energy and increase efficiency. If your water heater is older it might be time to consider an upgrade. This is a sure way to become much more efficient and enjoy longer term savings benefits.
3) Having an on-demand hot water pump is another device that can save you money in a couple of ways. First, you will no longer lose heat from hot water that is unused in the water pipes. And you don’t have to wait for hot water to arrive so you’re not using as much water overall.
4) Before moving forward with your water filtration system consider having your water tested by a professional. It’s important to choose the right system that will optimize your plumbing system by targeting the correct water quality issue.
5) Remove microorganisms, particulates, and chemicals from your water by installing a whole house water filtration system. This means your household will enjoy healthy water while extending the life out of plumbing appliances such as your hot water heater.
6) Installing carbon filters on your shower heads and faucets to absorb pollutants.
7) Installing a reverse osmosis system on your sinks to enjoy the benefits such as purified water for drinking and cooking.
8) Installing a low-flow faucet and shower can reduce water usage in the home by as much as sixty-percent. Having less hot water is always good for your utility bills!
9) Installing a low-flush toilet will use two to five times less water per flush which is a massive saving of water per person. Toilet flushing is the single greatest draw of water in your home.
10) Installing a faucet flow reducer is a great way to reduce faucet flow up to forty-percent. These are inexpensive and are easy to install!
11) Installing energy efficient appliances is also a certain way to save energy. Upgrading your current washing machine or dishwasher can reduce your water consumption by these appliances by up to fifty-percent!
For expert help assisting your household to enjoy the long-term benefits of increased home plumbing efficiency, give us a call 289-244-9843. We can reliably maximize the efficiency of your plumbing fixtures, appliances, drainage, and water pipes.